Monday, September 8, 2008

Little Artists. . .

Art is SO much fun! Being Artists is something we are exploring this year. As a kick off, we talked about what an artist is. . . . Artists: one who creates. We talked about all the different mediums artists use, and how being an artist carries over into music, dance, and other skills as well. Then we took our hand at sculpting, drawing with markers, and painting. It was a fun rotation and the kids couldn't decide which "art tools" they enjoyed the best. Oh well, I guess we'll continue to dabble in it all!

Lil' Sculptors. . .
Breanna created a colorful octopus!

Tyler loved just pinching off little balls of clay. . .

Abigail's "colorful mommy" creation

Lil' Sketch Artists. . .
My little rockstar! Breanna drew a picture of a guitar. . .

Our house and an orange tree. By, Abigail

Markers?! Mom's letting me use markers?! Sweet!

I love this picture because Tyler is "mid-grunt" as he is trying to put a marker lid back on. . .

Lil' Painters. . .

Markers and paints in the same day?! This is heaven!

Okay, get the paint off of me! (Thank goodness for painting tee's)

Introducing the Raven Family Art Exhibit. . . showing at all times in our home! Visitors always welcome.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Thank you so much for making this blog! I just love you!! You are so talented! Thank you so much for sharing your talents and skills! I am just amazed with all the fun things you come up with. I will definitely use some of your ideas. My sister and I are doing a preschool for our own kids and also her daycare kids, and these ideas will really help. So thanks! You're so awesome!!!!

Debbi said...

So, I know you don't know me, but Lindy is a friend of mine and she sent me this link...she is so impressed with your work and thought I might enjoy it. I love your ideas! I have a 4 1/2 year old that I"m doing home preschool with and a almost 2 year old...how do you do it with younger kids? My biggest challenge is keeping the little one entertained. I love the site, so I will be on here a lot getting ideas....I have a preschool email group and we have a blog, but it's private, but if you ever want to share ideas, let me know. (if you see someone in Washington, it's me, not some crazy person!)
thanks again for the ideas!