Monday, September 15, 2008

Chunky Crayons



This art project is SO FUN! Simply take an old muffin tin, line it (3 thick) with muffin cups, and begin sorting crayons! Take all of your old crayons (bits and pieces), make sure all the paper is off, and sort them into the cups. You can help children sort all the like colors together OR make swirly crayons by mixing colors. Then put the pan in the oven on 200 until the wax has melted. Take the crayons out of the oven, let cool, and voila! You have new "chunky crayons" with a suprise in evey stroke!



1 comment:

attack of The Mouse said...

So fun, we did the cream puff FHE tonight. I think it went well. Thanks for the ideas. I am going to have to try the crayon idea. I'm not as devoted as you are, but I am incorporating your ideas to fit our family. Thanks for sharing. I love it.